What a night it was! Now that the dust has settled...we have the final results of the 2020 James Halliday Award's Night!
Vanya Cullen just received Winemaker of the Year. The 2016 Leeuwin Estate 'Art Series' Chardonnay received 98 points from Halliday. Forrest Hill Wines are being guzzled and the 2018's are apparently sensational. Moss Wood's 2017 Chardonnay (sold out) recieved Chardonnay of the Year, but we hear the 2018 is equally as good (available for EOI)
Meanwhile Jim Barry Wines received Winery of the Year (literally in the last 30minutes). Yangarra 'High Sands' Granche, recieved Grenache of the Year.
Through the night, we have been working to secure what we can. And thankfully, given we were fairly close to some of the top rated wines. We have been lucky to secure some of the best!
See below both some EOI wines and also ones you can buy now, which are in stock:
- 2016 Leeuwin Estate 'Art Series' Chardonnay (98 Points) - $98.95 per bottle - Buy Here.
- 2017 Cullen 'Diana Madeline' (97 Points - Winemaker of the Year) - $116.95 per bottle - Buy Here
- 2018 Moss Wood Chardonnay - $67.95 - EOI ONLY - email@example.com
- 2016 Yangarra Estate 'High Sands' Granache (99 Points - Grenache of the Year) - $135.95 - EOI ONLY - firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2015 Jim Barry 'McCrae Wood' Shiraz (Winery of the Year) - $49.95 - Buy Here.
- 2017 Jim Barry 'Watervale' Riesling (Winery of the Year) - $22.00 - Buy Here
- 2017 Dal Zotto 'L'Immigrante' Prosecco (Darkhorse Winery of the Year) - $31.95 - Buy Here
And for the all important Wine of the Year the 2016 Yangarra Estate 'High Sands' Granache (99 Points - Grenache of the Year) - $135.95
Has just also won, Wine of the Year.
We have it here and it's EOI ONLY given limited allocation - email@example.com
Here are the full results:
- Dark Horse of the Year - Dal Zotto Wines
- Best New Winery - Shy Susan Wines
- Best Riesling - Crawford Estate Riesling
- Best Sauvignon Blanc - Flowstone SB
- Best Sem Sauvignon Blanc - Suckfizzle SSB
- Best Semillon - Brokenwood Semillon
- Best Chardonnay - 2017 Moss Wood Chardonnay (The 2017 is sold out, but we're taking EOIs for the 2018)
- Best Grenache - Yangarra Estate 'High Sands' Grenache
- Best Shiraz - John Duval Entity (given this is totally sold out, we recommend their Plexus SGM, available here)
- Best Cabernet - Deep Woods Estate Reserve Cabernet (The Cullen's Diana Madeline received the same points as Deep Woods - available here)
- Best Pinot - Mount Mary Pinot (Sold out, but we believe the Giant Steps 'Nocton' Pinot, available here - last few 6xpacks- is equally as good!)
- Best Value Winery of the Year - Domain Naturaliste
- Wine Maker of the Year - Vanya Cullen (The Diana Madeline is a MUST)
- Winery of the Year - Jim Barry Wines (Their McCrae Shiraz is heavenly and available here)
- Wine of the Year - Yangarra Estate 'High Sands' Grenache (EOI Above)
If some of these are of interest and we haven't provided allocation details yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look after you.
Toby & Tom