It's Thursday and we're currently 2 episodes deep into the Bachelor in Paradise. And this years' series appears like it is Hunger Games for Love.
Stranding an even number of mentally unhinged, men and women on an island, then mix in desperation, heat (of the lustful kind), poor sunscreen application, dehydration and with what appears to be a 24/7 operating bar, as they attempt to seek out love...(or more likely just a sneaky little "encounter") just makes for such cringe worthy viewing....yet...can you really turn away?
In amongst the a high daiquiri intake. Some want a holiday with "lovin" (Barry White style), meanwhile, others are there for love (Disney style). What could possibly go wrong as they fight out for a rose each week.
And with such amazing viewing pleasure comes opportunity for nights in with significant others' (or tinder dates) and of course wine....lots of it...(queue the drinking game every time someone says "bula")...
I am sure we can all agree that watching a show like this only gets better, glass, after glass, after glass....
So we've done the hard yards for you, we've consumed our body weight in wine these first 2 episodes to decide on what makes the best wines for your Bachelor in Paradise viewing pleasure...
- 2018 Vidal Sauvignon Blanc - TVH Price $13.95 // RRP. $15.99
- 2018 Singlefile Sémillon Sauvignon Blanc - TVH Price 23.95 // RRP. $26.00
- 2017 Vidal 'Reserve' Chardonnay - TVH Price $27.95 // RRP. $35.00
- 2018 Giant Steps "Applejack" Chardonnay - TVH $47.95 // RRP $50 (final 6 pack)
- 2018 Giant Steps "Tarraford" Chardonnay - TVH Price $47.95 // RRP $50 (final 6 pack)
Rosé (nothing says BACHIE, like Rosé)
- 2018 Deep Woods Estate 'Silver Label' Rose - TVH Price $24.95 // RRP. $28.00
- 2017 Domaines Ott 'BY OTT' Rose - TVH Price $33.95 // RRP. $39.95
- 2017 Ministry of Clouds Shiraz - TVH Price $26.95 // RRP. $31.00
- 2017 Singlefile Cabernet Merlot - TVH Price $22.95 // RRP. $26.00
- 2017 West Cape Howe 'Hannah's Hill' Cabernet Malbec - TVH Price $17.95 // RRP. $18.99
- 2018 Giant Steps "Primavera" Pinot Noir - TVH Price $54.95 // RRP $60. (THEY DIDN'T MAKE A 'PRIM' in 2017, this is sensational Pinot). (final 6 pack)
So as you watch these men and women ogle, obsess and put themselves in "high pressure, love situations", mix in some inebriation and plenty of awkward kissing (and beyond), there is just too much to not sit back and enjoy over a good several glasses.
So open a bottle, sit back, and watch men and women make trussed turkeys out of one another, as they roast and poke each other in search for being the last couple standing for "love"...
Cheers and Happy Drinking,
Tom & Toby