Love is in the air winos! Valentines Day is fast approaching! Have you got that special someone something?
They say this time of year you should say it with roses, but we think you'll have an even better night if you say it with rosé.
Pink, dry, fruity and alcoholic, there's no better gift, when paired with a home cooked meal (that your loved one doesn't have to cook) and a chocolate dessert. It's genuinely a mix that will deliver you the home-run you've been wanting.
And if Valentine's Day isn't for you, that's ok, it's on a Thursday, so, you don't really need an excuse to jump head first into a bottle...
So to make life easier, we've done the hard-yards for you, and below are some of the best rosés going around.
But if Rosé isn't your thing, keep scrolling, we've got other wines that can be the show-stopper for you this Valentine's Day!
- 2017 Domaine Les Pallieres Au Petit Bonheur Rosé. Now this is sexy rosé! Yes a little more expensive. But the best things in life are when they're quality. And when you want to "woo" that special someone, price is of no object, which is why we can't fault this as a winner. Amazing crispness, fresh, with subtle aromatic followed by an amazing dry length. RRP. $44, TVH Price in a 6pack, $40 in a six.
- 2018 Turkey Flat Rosé. Totally value for money as far as Rosés go. And this one is worth every cent in the Australian category. While it isn't as good as the french, it still is a cracking wine. Grenache-based, more aromatic on the nose, fresh and light in fruit across the palate and dry in length. We'd buy a few of these for Valentine's Day, as they're the stairway to heaven. RRP. $20.99, TVH Price $18.95 in any six.
- 2018 Deep Woods Estate 'Silver-Label' Rosé. Quite simply...stunning! With Rose seeing more and more air-time, this took our breath away. We sincerely hope Deep Woods can keep this quality up, as it will be a constan on our table this Summer. Pale pink, with strawberry aromas, this wine is perfect for a hot Summer's day. RRP. $27.99, TVH Price, $24.95 in a 6pack.
- 2017 Vidal 'Reserve' Chardonnay. If you're into The Lord of the Rings and just happen to want to woo your significant other with a Tolkien movie night and want to keep the New Zealand theme alive, this Chardonnay from Hawke's Bay, NZ is amazing. This wine is effortless, citrus, floral notes, fresh and in beautiful balance. A wonderful wine to pair with fish and poultry. It's a wine that is all class and nothing says sexy, like this Chardonnay RRP. $30. TVH Price, $27.95 in a 6pack.
- 2017 Domaine William Fevre Chablis. Nothing says romance better than the French. And this Chardonnay won't disappoint. Hailing from Chablis in France, this is every-bit as good the Chardonnays we are seeing made her in Australia. The balance is effortless here and as we love the Rolls Royce oak, from Margaret River and the Ferrari-flintiness of the Yarra, it's definitely time to try the Bugatti power and sophistication that Chablis produces. RRP. $55, our price, $47.95 in a 6pack.
- 2018 Vidal Sauvignon Blanc. This is a Sauvignon Blanc that will make that Sauv-Blanc drinker in your life very happy! It is probably one they haven't tried before and it is tasty. Passionfruit, citrus, vibrant tropical notes full of flavour. If you're cooking a special fish dish or whipping something vegan or with chicken, pair this beauty with that. RRP. $16, TVH Price, $13.95 in a 6pack.
- 2017 Dalrymple Pinot Noir. A classic Pinot Noir from Tasmania, that we have to rank in the rarified air as one of the best. It carries those hints of earthiness alongside the savoury characters, creating the foundation for a spectacular Pinot Noir. RRP. $38.00, the TVH Price, $31.95 in a 6pack.
- 2014 Tim Adams 'Aberfeldy' Shiraz, A true flagship Shiraz, South Australian, born and bred and it delivers year in, year out. If you're having a romantic dinner on Valentine's Day, which is beef or lamb-based, this one is for you! Absolutely bloody sensational wine. RRP 60 per bottle. Our TVH price, is $48.50 in a 6pack.
- 2017 Willow Bridge Shiraz. If you're looking for an evening of plenty of red and you are keen to have 2-3 bottles to really enjoy your Valentine's Day evening. This is a value for money Shiraz at its absolute best. Sourced from the Ferguson Valley and brimming with dark berry flavours, this wine holds all the cards. Rich and textural, it brings new meaning to 'quaffable'. 95 Points from Halliday. RRP. $22.95, TVH Price, $17.95 in a 6pack
These are all amazing wines and these will certainly impress whoever and however you entertain on Valentine's Day, giving you that cracking night.
Wine and love just are made for each other. But also, wine works equally well if love just isn't your thing at the moment.
Cheers and Happy Drinking,
Tom & Toby