As we near the end of Summer and head towards to cooler months of the year, we thought it was apt timing to get our Red boots out and give you something to drool over.
That said, these wines are certainly going to get the blood racing. They are all superb examples of their variety, each having a distinct personality, telling their story in their own words.
These are wines that are worth buying a few to enjoy now, as in all honesty, life is too short, but if you can cellaring a couple will reward the patient.
- 2015 Leeuwin Estate ‘Art Series’ Cabernet- $64.95 per bottle – Their ‘Art Series’ Chardonnay gets all the attention but do not discount the Cabernet…it has all the quality of the Chardonnay and it’s pedigree is difficult to beat.
- 2017 Darymple Pinot Noir- $32.95 per bottle – Superb example of Tasmanian Pinot Noir. Earthy and brooding, this wine is of the Burgundian persuasion and is drinking amazingly…it is superb value and the quality is shockingly good!
- 2017 Forest Hill Shiraz- $24.95 per bottle – Great Southern fruit, sourced from the oldest vines in the area = a bloody good vino that you will not be able to keep your hands off.
- 2017 Ministry of Clouds Shiraz- $26.95 per bottle – Fresh off the tasting table (like, literally as I’m writing this), this is one not to be missed. The ‘Little Black Dress’ of shiraz…it walks into the room and everyone sits up and takes notice.
And as a shout out to Barossa, we can't not recommend you get your hands on some or all of the following, as they simply are the pioneers in Shiraz in Australia and they do it right!
- 2016 Glaetzer ‘The Wallace’ Shiraz Grenache- $19.95 per bottle – These varieties are like brie and crackers…a perfect match! The powerful Shiraz fruit is caressed by the Grenache, resulting in a smooth yummy vino that matches to any situation!
- 2016 Glaetzer ‘The Bishop’ Shiraz- $29.95 per bottle – Barossa Shiraz! Long a favourite throughout the country, this little beauty packs a punch that you want. Wonderful fruit flavours. It does exactly what is says…delivers!
- 2016 Glaetzer ‘Anaperenna’ Shiraz Cabernet- $44.95 per bottle – Shiraz and Cabernet are an Australian cult icon, taking 2 powerhouses and combining them, in a way that only Aussies can do. Standout vino…it does not get better!
We are also currently taking pre-orders for the new 2015 Fraser Gallop ‘Parterre’ Cabernet. Click here for Expressions of Interest
Due for release round the end of March, this is highly anticipated and generating a lot hype. We remember this wine fondly from the tasting and it really stood out against wines that were much more expensive. At the pre-release price of $39.95 per bottle, get in quick. This price will be available until 20thMarch. Click here for Expressions of Interest
Cheers and Happy Drinking!