By accessing or using The Vine House’s services, including the website located at www.The Vine House.com.au (The Vine House Website) you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy. In this policy, "personal information" refers to information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about a natural person whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Words defined in the The Vine House Terms and Conditions of Use have the same meaning in this policy.
The Vine House and privacy
The Vine House is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). What personal information is collected:
The Vine House collects personal information that it considers necessary for it, or its related bodies corporate to provide the range of services they offer.
Personal information collected by The Vine House may include:
- your name, address and contact details
- bank account and credit account details
- user IDs and passwords
- the services provided to you
- records of your communications with The Vine House including communications through agreements, online forms, electronic requests and enquiries, bulletin boards, blogs, competition entries, online forums, phone services and other forms of electronic messaging (Communications Services).
How is personal information collected
The Vine House collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to The Vine House in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise)
- directly from you when you communicate with The Vine House or any other person, including using The Vine House’s Communications Services
- from third parties such as: a) The Vine House’s related companies; b) resellers of The Vine House’s services; c) and service providers to The Vine House d) operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the The Vine House’s Website e) from organisations identified or described under the heading "How is personal information disclosed"
How is personal information used
Your personal Information may used for the following purposes:
- to provide the services requested by you
- to manage those services, including to enable customer service and billing
- to research, develop and improve The Vine House’s services
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with The Vine House’s' services
- to generate statistics in relation to the The Vine House Website
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you (If you do not want to receive these please let us know by clicking on the "contact us" link at the bottom of this page and advising us that you would like to "opt out". In addition, if we email you we will include a way for you to "opt out" of receiving further emails.)
- for purposes connected with the operation of the The Vine House Website
- to personalise the advertising you see when you visit sites within the The Vine House Website
How is personal information disclosed
The Vine House may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than The Vine House. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- The Vine House’s related bodies corporate
- the public if you advertise with The Vine House or use publicly available Communications Services
- individuals and organisations that advertise with The Vine House you submit an enquiry with The Vine House. Depending on your enquiry these may include: a) private advertisers b) operators of Linked Sites (If you do not want The Vine House to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations do not submit enquires)
- outsourced service providers who assist The Vine House to provide its services including: a) information technology providers b) marketing and market research advisers c) professional advisers
- resellers of The Vine House services
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of The Vine House assets, business or shares
- government and regulatory authorities as required by law
How to access your personal information
You may request access your personal Information. If you wish to access your personal information please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information requested. There is no charge for this service.
What if you don't provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, The Vine House may not be able to provide you with the full range of The Vine House services.
The Vine House Website, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an application on the The Vine House Website, The Vine House records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system. The Vine House also uses “cookies”. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (typically between 30 and 90 days). Cookies may be used by The Vine House to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit on the The Vine House’s Website, measure and analyse usage of the The Vine House Website and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on the The Vine House Website and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to that site or other sites within the The Vine House Website. You may adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled The Vine House may not be able to provide you with the full range of The Vine House services.
What if I have a problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change or update your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please contact us.
Address: 1322 Hay Street West Perth WA 6005, Australia
Phone (08) 6454 0225 / Email: help@The Vine House.com.au
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website. The amended policy will apply between us whether or not we have given you specific notice of any change.
About security and personal Information
The Vine House takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure.